July 20, 2002

What does it mean to be a righteous husband? I’ve been thinking about that a little today. What does Faye need? What do I give her? Faye needs love. Do I give her the love she needs? Faye needs me to always treat her with respect and to consider her thoughts and feelings and possible reactions before I say or do things. Sometimes I say things that come out wrong and I upset her. When we talk about it, I realize that the words I used didn’t convey the message I was trying to get across. In simpler terms, sometimes I say stupid things. The worst part is that I don’t even feel the things I say, it is as if sometimes I think I need to say something and without considering my words, something stupid comes out. I need to change. I love Faye so much. She is such a wonderful wife and mother. That I would ever do or say something to offend her sickens me. I need her like I need water. She fills me up as a deep breath of mountain air and is the fire that I feel burning inside me. I pray that I will always be the same to her. I believe that I am, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment